How can I obtain a handicapped parking permit?

Temporary handicapped parking permits are available from the Chief's Secretary at the Fort Lee Police Headquarters. The permits are valid for a 6 month period and may be renewed for an additional 6 month period by repeating the initial application process. The original handicapped placard will be surrendered at this time. 

Required Items for Requesting a Permit

Applications for a temporary permit are available from the Chief's Secretary, 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Monday to Friday (excluding holidays). There are three items that are needed:

  • An application completed by the applicant
  • A prescription from the applicant's doctor
  • A check for $4 made out to "New Jersey Division of Motor Vehicles"

These items are then returned to the Chief's Secretary for processing. The permit will be then be issued in a timely manner. 

Permanent Placards

Permanent handicapped parking placards and plates are issued by the New Jersey Division of Motor Vehicles. Applications are available from any DMV office. 

Show All Answers

1. I just purchased a car seat for my child. How can I tell if it is installed properly?
2. How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
3. How can I obtain a handicapped parking permit?
4. How can I get my fingerprints taken by the Fort Lee Police?
5. I receive calls from solicitors asking for donations for various police-related charities. Are they legitimate? Should I donate to them?
6. My car was impounded by the Fort Lee Police. How do I get it back?